When it comes to a road trip, sometimes it’s less about the destination and more about how you get there. But is this also true when it comes to time travel devices? Sure, you could just go into a plain room like in “12 Monkeys,” but where’s the sense of style with that? Let’s face it, driving a Delorean is cooler than going back to 1955 and having your mom try to get into your Calvin Kleins.
We explore the Rushmore of Time Travel Devices with the help of our good friend Paul Lurie, who suggested the topic. He is one of the best Duck Boat drivers in Boston, which means he knows a thing or two about cool forms of transportation. As far as we know, the Duck Boats aren’t time travel devices, though. Yet.
So join us for an episode that was prerecorded, which means it’s basically a time travel device right there. (And definitely not as cool as a Delorean.)
- 1:36 – The Delorean from “Back to the Future” (Joint Choice)
- 7:34 – The Time Sled from “The Time Machine” and “Time After Time” (Joint Choice)
- 16:15 – The Map from “Time Bandits” (Michael and Richard’s Choice)
- 34:08 – The Omega 13 from “Galaxy Quest” (Paul’s Choice)
- 29:22 – The “Time Machine” from “Napoleon Dynamite) (Michael and Richard’s Choice)
- 22:26 – The Phone Booth from “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure” (Paul’s Choice)