Pretty much everyone loves candy – unless you’re one of those “health” freaks who care about “nutrition” and “not having your teeth rot out of your mouth” and “diabetes”. However, there are some candies we can all agree on that no one wants. They are the candies that everyone was disappointed to get on Halloween. Simply put, they are shitty candies.
In this edition of the podcast, we take on a request from listener David Brown, librarian at the Casa Grande Public Library (it means “Big House” in Spanish). He does amazing work to keep kids interested in book readin’. Check out his YouTube page and his Twitter.
- “Everything You Need to Know About Circus Peanuts” – Eater.com
- “A Brief History of Circus Peanuts” – CandyFavorites.com
- “Raisinets” – The Candy Wrapper Museum
- “Dear Nestle: We Have to Talk About Raisinets” – The Everywhereist
Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate
- “Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Miniatures” – CandyBlog.net
- “Consumer Outrage Forces Necco to Put Artificial Ingredients Back Into Wafers” – NPR
- “Vintage Candy Monday: Necco Wafers” – Serious Eats
Good & Plenty