The actor. A man or woman solely dedicated to their craft of taking the works of the world’s most talented playwrights and screenwriters and giving them life. Or, sometimes, they are happy to get a scene in a Fast & the Furious sequel with FIVE WHOLE LINES. Well, the hell with the Joe Schmo actors – we’re only talking about the best of the best.
This week, Richard and Michael try on the Masks of Comedy and Drama to explore the real – and we mean full on no fucking around – best actors ever. Meanwhile, Jeff plays “director”, which mainly means shouting things at us through an old-timey megaphone.
- “All 43 Meryl Streep Movie Performances, Ranked” – Vulture.com
- “Meryl Streep: A League of Her Own” – Wall Street Journal
- “Critic’s Picks: Tom Hanks’ Films Ranked Worst to Best” – The Hollywood Reporter
- “Tom Hanks on His Diabetes, Pirates, and Rapping with Dan Ackroyd” – The Guardian
- “William Holden: The Golden Boy of Vintage Hollywood” – Variety
- “St. Bill of Illinois” – Moving Image Source
- “Remembering Alan Rickman, the Voice of Villainy” – The Verge
- “Alan Rickman: The Empire Interview” – Empire
- “The Method Madness of Daniel Day-Lewis” – The Telegram
- “The Enigma of Daniel Day-Lewis” – The Guardian
- “Cary Grant: From the Bristol Docks to the Hollywood Hills” – The Guardian
- “Becoming Cary Grant” – The Atlantic