Once in a Blue Moon we get an idea for an episode that gets us All Shook Up. That’s the case this week as It’s Now Or Never for us to take a look at Fake Elvises (Elvii?) – whether they are impersonators, fictional portrayals or something else entirely. Elvis is pop culture and the different types of faux Elvises amplify the many different ways he can be viewed.
Jeff, as always, is the King of this episode, as he chooses from Richard and Michael’s picks. So Don’t Be Cruel – give this episode a listen.
Andy Kaufman as the Foreign Man as Elvis
- My LA to Z: El Vez – Los Angeles Magazine
- Elvis Has Left the Death Star – SWBookZone.com
- The Weirdest Elvis Impersonator: All Hail the Drag King… – Elvis Presley Talk
- Best Thai Elvis – LA Weekly
Bruce Campbell in “Bubba Ho-Tep”
- Bubba Ho-Tep Review – Roger Ebert
The Red Elvises
- The Soviet Surf Punk of Igor and the Red Elvises – Phoenix New Times
Val Kilmer in “True Romance”
- 18 So Cool Facts About “True Romance” – Mental Floss